Get to know different restaurants in Athens during the Mezadakia tour!
Mezedakia are a kind of Greek tapas. They offer a great opportunity to taste many different dishes from the Greek cuisine. During this tour, that you do on foot and sometimes partly by public transport, you visit several bars and restaurants in different- non touristic -parts of Athens. The common theme among all of them is that they are mainly visited by the locals. These can vary from a traditional ouzerie to an authentic cellar restaurant, and from an old family tavern to a local kafenio.
At each place you get something to drink and one dish, together combining to a full diner once you have completed the tour. The choice of food, and sometimes also the drink, is a fixed menu (additional drinks or dishes can be ordered at one’s own expense). The mezedakia tour is also suitable for vegetarians.
For the mezedakia tour a minimum of four participants is required.
- Day: Tuesday,Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Starting time: 18.00 o’clock
- Starting point: Monastiraki (centre)
- Duration: 4 hours
- Price: 1-4 pers € 50,- p.p./ 5 or more pers. €45,- p.p./Children under the age of 16 €30,-/surcharge private tour from € 10,- p.p. (minimal 4 participants)
- Including: Dinner and 3 drinks, local guide